Keeping fed: Household Emergency Planning Ōtaki
Date: Thursday 30 March
Time: 10am – 11am
Location: Ōtaki Venue TBC
Join your local Emergency Management Advisor, Renee Corlett, for a chat about how a disaster could affect keeping you and your whānau/family fed. Find out what you can do to reduce the impacts and share ideas together.
What we will cover:
• The impacts of an emergency on mealtimes
• What’s helpful to have on hand and how to make use of what you already have
• Storing food and water cost effectively
• Vege gardens and flooding
• Your ideas and traditional knowledge
Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can!
This event is part of Kāpiti Coast District Council Neighbours Week series. Click here for more info.