Keeping fed: Household Emergency Planning Paraparaumu
Date: Thursday 30 March
Time: 1:30pm – 2:30pm
Location: Paraparaumu Public Library, 9 Iver Trask Place, Paraparaumu
Join your local Emergency Management Advisor, Renee Corlett, for a chat about how a disaster could affect keeping you and your whānau/family fed. Find out what you can do to reduce the impacts and share ideas together.
What we will cover:
• The impacts of an emergency on mealtimes
• What’s helpful to have on hand and how to make use of what you already have
• Storing food and water cost effectively
• Vege gardens and flooding
• Your ideas and traditional knowledge
Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can!
Part of Kāpiti Coast District Council Neighbours Week series. https://www.kapiticoast.govt.nz/.../over-the-fence-cuppa/