COVID-19 can live on surfaces for up to three days, depending on the surface, so anyone handling food or supplies should take care to reduce the risk of spreading the virus on surfaces.
If you, or someone you know, has an urgent need for essential goods that you can’t get or who need help and don’t have anyone who can assist them, then they can call the Wellington Region COVID-19 Helpline on 0800 141 967. It operates 7 days a week from 9am-5pm.
Alternatively, they can go to our Seeking Support page and complete an online form to request a callback. The Helpline is intended for people who don’t have any other options available to them.
- Take your own shopping bags if you have them
- Keep 1 to 2 metres away from others
- Be kind to workers and others you’re sharing the shop with
- Use a contactless card if you can, not cash
- Wash your hands
COVID-19 information on wremo.nz
- Latest updates and affected services - Updates and information for the Wellington Region
- Guidelines - Alert Level 2 guidelines - what does it mean?
- Seeking Support - Find out about the support and information available
- Te Ao Māori - our channel for watene (wardens), marae and whānau
- Self-isolation tips - Read our tips for getting through
- Volunteering - How you can help look after others