Volunteering - how can I help look after others?
To ensure you keep yourself and others safe while working as a volunteer, it is vital you read and understand the COVID-19 volunteer guidelines and take every precaution.
Before you volunteer its important to first ask yourself:
- Do you suspect that you have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19?
- Have you travelled outside New Zealand within the last 14 days?
- Have you been unwell in the last 14 days?
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the above questions you are asked not to volunteer in person at this time and you should visit COVID-19 website to ensure you are following Ministry of Health Guidelines to keep yourself and others safe.
If you know someone that needs help getting household essentials, then let them know about the Wellington Region COVID-19 Helpline on 0800 141 967. Visit our Seeking Support page for more information.
Connect with your local Volunteer Centre
There are 17 regional Volunteer Centres around New Zealand. The Volunteer Centre network has mobilised to take expressions of interest from those available to help during the pandemic. Get in touch with your local centre to connect with opportunities to collaborate.
COVID-19 information on wremo.nz
- Latest updates and affected services - Updates and information for the Wellington Region
- Guidelines - Alert Level 2 guidelines
- Shopping - How to shop safely for yourself and others
- Seeking Support - Find out about the support and information available
- Te Ao Māori - our channel for watene (wardens), marae and whānau
- Self-isolation tips - Read our tips for getting through