Ōtaki: Leadership in a Disaster
Date: Wednesday 19 July
Location: Ōtaki Venue TBC
Part of the Kāpiti District Council No.8 wire workshops
A free one hour interactive session.
What’s the session about?
This session is an introduction to leadership tools you can use to support your community in daily life and in a disaster. It aims to increase your confidence and knowledge of effective community leadership.
We will cover:
• Characteristics and skills of an effective leader.
• Leadership in Community Emergency Hubs.
• Types of leadership approaches.
• How to apply leadership approaches in community response.
• Examples of how other community members have stepped up to lead when their communities were affected by disaster.